Email can travel a long way before it hits your inbox. With CipherPost Pro from AppRiver, you’ll avoid prying eyes along the way. With one click, CipherPost Pro encrypts your message when it leaves your mailbox. Only the authorized recipient – with the proper password – can read the message.
Other services protect your message only from one server to another. Access to the server means access to your private information. CipherPost Pro email encryption gives you true mailbox-to-mailbox security, no matter where your email goes in between. That keeps your confidential information safe and helps your business remain compliant.
CipherPost Pro also offers an optional built-in Secure E-signature feature that enables you to sign encrypted files with the click of a button.
Avoid compliance issues and send confidential data with confidence. Get CipherPost Pro™ from AppRiver and experience true user-to-user encryption with just one click.
Features and Benefits of CipherPost Pro Email Encryption
- Secure, fast and easy to use
- Protects confidential information and helps ensure regulatory compliance
- Provides delivery slip and registered mail options
- Features centralized management
- Enables large file attachment encryption and delivery
- One-click encryption
- Includes Outlook plug-in, Windows and Mac desktop agents, browser plug-ins
- Full-featured functionality for mobile devices including iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Android and more
- Compatible with Office 365
- Includes Phenomenal Care™ from our US-based team, 24 hours a day, every day
Mobile Device Support for Email Encryption
You need to access your secure messages no matter where you are, and CipherPost Pro has you covered.
CipherPost Pro allows you to send and receive encrypted email, track your sent messages, and open secure attachments from anywhere. Create, read and reply to secure messages on iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8 and BlackBerry platforms. All of the features of CipherPost Pro email encryption, including real-time tracking, large file transfers, compliance services and many others, are available on your mobile device.
Optimized to minimize device battery and bandwidth consumption, CipherPost Pro provides easy and secure access to your encrypted messages without the need to store confidential and sensitive data on your mobile device. That means losing your phone doesn’t mean losing critical information. And administrators can quickly enable or disable access from the Secure Message Center (Webmail) so no one can use a lost or stolen device to access your account.
HIPAA Compliance and Email Encryption
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) places a number of requirements on the healthcare industry to assure that individuals’ health information is properly protected while allowing the swift flow of health information needed to provide ‘high quality’ health care.
As electronic health records (EHR) are becoming an industry standard for maintaining and transmitting health information, email emerges as the obvious choice for exchanging EHR quickly and efficiently among healthcare organizations. Such uses include:
- Provider-to-Provider Communication: Healthcare providers often need to communicate with other providers efficiently and effectively, transferring patients’ medical histories, lab results, and the like to provide quality care to patients.
- Requesting Health Consultation or Appointment: With patients’ busy schedules, and crowded waiting rooms, patients use email to request consultation and appointments before visiting a physician.
- Submitting Health Claims to Plan Providers: Healthcare plan providers are accepting and responding to claims submissions via email to streamline and expedite the claims process.
- Medical Billing and Invoicing: with email healthcare providers can streamline and reduce the cost of paper billing.
However, email has its weaknesses. Data can be leaked or lost through a variety of means from malware to phishing to user-error. In the case of healthcare organizations, this can mean the loss or unauthorized disclosure of patient medical files or other patient information exchanged via email.
As email is the choice means for exchanging patient information, HIPAA’s aim to secure patient data underscores the need for healthcare organizations to secure their email communications.
CipherPost Pro Can help
CipherPost Pro is a cloud solution for email encryption, secure file transfer and DLP that helps address HIPAA technical security safeguard standards, and lets you use your email just the way it is. In addition, CipherPost Pro:
- Helps address HIPAA technical security safeguard standards for secure and confidential email transmission of ePHI.
- Simplifies the complexity of secure electronic communications, integrating seamlessly with any email platform including MS Outlook, MS Office 365, Gmail and Zimbra (for both sender and recipients regardless of their network configuration).
- Eliminates size limitations for secure file transfer, enabling transmission of medical scans (X-rays) and other large files.
- Enables secure web forms for capturing information directly from your website such as doctor consultations via email, insurance claims.
- Enables Secure e-Statements for secure and traceable invoicing for medical services.
- Automates and securely delivers messages and file attachments decrypted to any email archive database or third party application through a secure API.
- Enables anytime, anywhere secure communication and collaboration by allowing users to send, track and receive secure email and medical files on any mobile device including iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry.
AppRiver believes that email security should complement your email, not complicate it. Our cloud-based solutions for secure file transfer and email encryption work seamlessly with any email to enable secure communication and collaboration anytime, anywhere.